Tiffany Blue French Chair


I finished the french chair~
it came out just like I hoped it would!!
Not for everyone, but certainly works for me!
Here is what I did to it~
Fresh from auction house~very nice lines and 
good comfortable seat.  The seat was in a faux leather
fabric that had a texture and finished with nailheads.
I wanted to copy a chair I had seen in House Beautiful 
magazine that was in Sharon Osbourne's dining room~
I loved the blue and silver chairs and when I saw
 these at auction they popped right into my head.
The first thing I did was to mix up a color that looked like Tiffany blue~
I used Chalk Paint® by Annie Sloan of course! I used Louis Blue 
with Antibes Green, Pure White and Greek Blue. I painted the whole chair, 
wood frame and upholstery.  It looked quite fresh 
and modern this way, but I was not finished.
 Next I did a watery mix of French Linen 
over the wood frame and wiped it off.
 After the grey wash I used Rub n Buff in silverleaf 
and applied it liberally with my fingertip~

 After I finished hitting the wood frame
 I touched on all the nailheads too~
 Don't be a perfectionist with this~I use a plastic pallet
 and squeeze a little bit at a time from the tube.
(I will also be deciding if I am going to seal the chair with wax~
and then see how the chair wears with regular use...
I'll keep all updated on this part of the process as it evolves.)
The Tiffany Chair~
 Its glamorous and elegant~



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment