A son's birthday, a Patriots game bachelor party and painting marble with Chalk Paint®

 It has been a very busy September around here.  We are getting ready 
for Justin and Madison's wedding in October, and the month of September 
brings the most birthdays for our family.  This past week Colin turned 23, 
and we do what we always do these days~we head to a big pizza restaurant
 and sit in a circular leather booth and celebrate!  Mr. Maison Decor took
 this pic of us before we headed out to chow down.  I have been counting carbs 
to look good for the wedding, but Colin's
birthday would be a cheat night for me. Yummy!!  Colin has had a big year, 
getting his new job as a college grad, and we are very proud of him.  
Justin's birthday is at the end of this month and hub's is a few days after his! 
Justin is having a big year for himself as well.
 This morning brought an early start as it was Justin's bachelor party! 
I love that he wanted to go to the New England Patriots home opener
 as his "guy party" before the wedding.  I grabbed a few shots outside
 in the driveway in my pajamas around 7 am.  
Here are the guys flanking their dad,
 who turned 60 today! I told you we have a lot of September birthdays.
 They horsed around throwing the football waiting for my hubs 
to come out of the house and get the train rolling to Foxboro where the Patriots play. 
 Its less than two weeks from today that Justin ties the knot!!
He has had a tremendous year himself, setting up the business in Boston and 
enjoying success with that.  Settling down with Madison is the next big chapter in
his life, and we wish them much happiness and success.
Colin is wearing his Tom Brady jersey we gave him for his birthday.
 He had a few years of high school football under his belt, 
serving as the Captain of his team.  I loved watching him play and going to the games.
  Justin and Colin love their football and so do I!!
 I will be watching the TV and loving every minute of it.  
Sundays are the best in the fall around here (as long as we win).
 Their dad Barry is in the mix, and its nice to have these occasions to share together
in relative peace and harmony :-)
 Finally out came Mr. Maison Decor in his cowboy hat and Pats jersey....
he will be driving our Ford Expedition XL and stopping to get 
two more passengers as they head down to Gillette Stadium.
One of the guys is a chef and I hear there is going to be quite the food fest.
  They outfitted the car with a grill on a caboose~
this is going to be one serious tail gate affair.
 So off they go~a parting photo of the guys. 
Happy Bachelor Party Justin!
 Have a blast and bring home some leftovers...
 Right about now this stadium is filling up with fans, but those who planned 
tail gates are out in the parking lot licking their chops.
Well this guy might not be in the parking lot....
Let me switch gears and show a neat project we did 
recently in the shop~this console table had a paint job and 
some texture added to give it a bit of age.  
Well a good customer wanted it to look more old world.
She also hated the marble inset top it had and asked 
if anything could be done about it.
Why yes, there is!
 You can paint marble with Chalk Paint® by Annie Sloan. 
The marble is porous and it takes Chalk Paint beautifully.  
I know, I know, this paint is so weird!! It does all these incredible things.
 Goodbye marble, no one will ever know you are under there when we are done.
After I did the same color, Country Grey as I had previously done 
on the rest of the table, I attached the Efex ribbon applique
 with contact cement and then I painted over all of it again
with another coat of Chalk Paint, but this time in Paris Grey. 
I crackled the paint over the marble area so it wouldn't look so smooth. 
 Crackling the paint is one of the techniques we teach in our INTRO
to Chalk Paint Workshop at Maison Decor.  
 And the finished console looked like this! 
It was treated to clear and dark Soft Waxes by Annie Sloan 
to seal and protect the piece.
 This is the Efex ribbon applique that we sell online as well as in our shop. 
I got dark wax all inside the grooves, crannies and nooks 
and rubbed it back and it looks so OLD!!! I love it!!
 And this shows how the crackled top looks over the marble hiding underneath....
 The before with the marble top...
 The after with the crackled painted marble and Efex. 
My customer loved it and it went home with her that very day!
 Well its time for me to tune into todays Patriots game 
and see how my team does today.
And look at this!!

The Official New England Patriots' 
Twitter  account favorited my tweet
about the guys headed to the game for Justin's bachelor party!
Woah, that is pretty cool! 

 This guy is tough to beat~Tom Brady you are the best!!
And to all these guys~you're not so bad yourselves!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment