FYI: Betsy Speert decorated for a Super Bowl champ!

Me and Tom Brady~
 Matt Light #72 protects Tom Brady #12
Have you heard of the Six Degrees of Separation?
It is a concept that any two people on earth can be connected
through introductions in a chain by way of a friend of a friend. 
 I realized I have an even closer connection than 6 degrees with Tom Brady~
it is totally amazing~so pay close attention!
This coming Sunday is Super Bowl Sunday~Tom Brady
 and a few of the members of the New England Patriots,
 including Matt Light, will be playing in their fifth superbowl! 
 Being a local decorator and a big New England Patriots fan
 I was well aware that one of the Patriots, 
Matt Light, had his condo decorated by none other 
than my favorite designer Betsy Speert!
 Betsy Speert is a designer who was also based
 outside of Boston and one whose work I adored 
after seeing it in magazines over the years. 
 I never thought I would ever talk to her or even 
get a chance to meet her and then through the magic of blogland, 
one day Betsy contacted me after finding I had written 
about her on my blog.  At first I thought it was a prank...but  nope, 
 she emailed me her number and told me to call her...
next thing I knew I was her top blogging advisor and confidant!
  So keep following....
Then a little while back Betsy ended up doing a high profile makeover
 on Matt Light and was one of a team of people that was going 
to give him the works~from hair to clothing to his house!


This is a graphic of all the experts making over Matt Light,
 and Betsy is in the left corner.  Cool, huh?  
Of course Betsy doesn't watch football and 
didn't even know who Matt was....what a waste!   
Anyway I saw this makeover on local television 
and remember saying to hubs, 
"oh!! There is Betsy Speert, that designer I like!!"
Fast forward a couple of years, and 
now I would just speed dial her and tell her,
 "hey Bets, you are on  channel 5 right now!"
Betsy Speert and Amy Chalmers
Here we are, the day we met~blogging side by side....in my dining room!
Now to the six degrees of separation theory:
1.Tom Brady
2. Matt Light
3. Betsy Speert
4.Amy Chalmers
So actually I am connected to Tom Brady by 4 degrees of separation!! 
 And in theory it is possible we could meet. 
 Like Matt could have a superbowl celebration party after
 the big win and he would invite his decorator Betsy and her guest (me!)
 and of course Tom would be there..woo hoo! 
 (I always say Dream Big~or go home.)
Amy Chalmers 
(not to be confused with Giselle)
connected by 4 degrees to~
Tom Brady

Now for following along with all of this nonsense
I am here to say that I would have won Betsy's giveaway
of a very nice software package for creating scrapbook style stuff,
but Betsy called me and told me the others who
entered weren't followers...so I should have won outright!! 
++++++++
People, you have to follow a blog to win a prize from it!
So when Betsy called we both agreed it
 might look staged, even though I really did win and 
totally deserve it....
I selflessly suggested she give it another week 
and I would mention it on my blog....
 right after I talked about my 6 degrees of separation
 which wouldn't have happened if I hadn't met Betsy!
So go HERE to enter the scrap book software giveaway
and see the cool applications you can use it for~just be a follower this time.
This Sunday I will be hooting and hollering
and wearing team colors cheering on the Pats.
Hoping our New England Patriots will be following in the footsteps
 of the Boston Bruins and bringing one more championship home!
GO PATS!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment