I've been buying chandeliers lately...

There is only one thing I seem to buy more than chandeliers lately, 
and that has been mirrors, but that may soon change.
I am on a chandelier buying spree,
as I tell myself I am buying them for my shop!
I would like my whole house filled with chandeliers, 
elegant sconces, and wonderful table lamps~
when you have a new house, old lighting gives a new house some personality.
I have a newer house that was filled with basic Home Depot light fixtures.
One by one I have been changing them out.
Here is the latest chandelier I got for right inside the front door.
An empire basket type crystal chandelier, vintage era 1970s.
I don't have high ceilings, so it had to be a flush mount fixture.
Its petite and the crystals are huge, with different shapes 
graduating downwards in size and one big rectangle crystal.
Super quality crystals, but not the oldest light fixture.
The lovely beaded chandy I bought for my living room 
is going to be for sale on my Etsy shop. 
I have decided it is too dark
for the rest of the room. Even though it matches the gold rods, 
I think I need a lighter looking fixture.
So I will be on the hunt for a new chandy while this one looks for a new owner.
Do you see what I mean?
In the meantime I have been buying chandeliers.
I found this vintage chandy without any crystals on Etsy, 
and then had to buy a bunch of crystals.
A good cleaning....
as well as a good cleaning for the candle sleeves and the 20 crystals I bought.
I'll still need to add about 26 more crystals! 
I found a local supplier for antique crystals so 
I don't have to order them through Etsy as the shipping
 almost doubles their cost, as the weight is considerable.
It is going to look lovely after all the prisms are hung.
It has a nice vintage canopy as well. I like the old crystals,
 not the ones with the gold or silver metal connectors. 
Look for wires (the darker the better) with the nail head style ends,
 those are the ones I like to buy when restoring a chandy.
Quite nice~but this will go back on Etsy.
A pretty wall sconce came home with me from the antique co-op for $20.
Mr. MD is going to hang it up at the top of the stair case.
 It leads to my lavender hallway.
There are 3 light fixtures in that hallway, 
so that will be an expensive undertaking to replace
them all with vintage chandeliers.
 This pretty chandy is in my Etsy shop, 
but maybe I should consider it for the living room,
although I think it is too petite.
However it is open and airy looking.
Still wondering if perhaps I should 
use a white chandelier all shabby style.
Which means I would paint one...what say you all?
You have had marvelous advice for me on my Louis chair.
Would you paint a vintage chandy white?
linking to 






No comments:

Post a Comment