Pretty things on the mantle

Styling the mantle.
The fabric backing is a major player in the room.
So isn't the carved header over the mantle.
Its been difficult to find something for it until now.
An old English tin in pinks, golds and turquoise.
A vintage pink depression glass drapery holdback.
A sweet artists rendering of a cottage in Bermuda.
All put together...
but maybe I need something on the left?
All finds at the antique coop I just discovered (except the tin).
 This pretty Nippon plate in pinks and aqua won me over too.
Shell pinks and touches of blue
The finished mantle~
for now anyway.
I also want to show you  my new lamp on the fat frenchy table.
 This is vintage Italian.
 All hand painted, and look at the hand made lampshade
that is lined in pink fabric.

 A teapot lamp with a serpent spout and has
 a sea scene with an angel and figures on a brass base.
  The shade is all hand done and has crocheted rosettes.
It is pretty amazing. The colors are beautiful.
I love the soft feminine look of it.
When you turn on the lamp, it casts a soft pink glow.
They just don't make things like this anymore.
I can only wonder who used this lamp and where it has been.
There is something about old things with previous lives that I find enchanting.
They bring depth to a newer home.
Little notes of history from past lives.
I can't resist them.

No comments:

Post a Comment