Pretty Pink Mirror

 Its pink, its frenchy, its finished~
 and its fabulous!
  I had been searching for an oversized ornate mirror to hang
 over the bombe chest in my dining room. 
This mirror was on Craigslist and the 
size and shape were perfect~the color...not so much.
 The obvious choice was to match it to the chest,
 but I had a desire for a piece in the room with a twist.
I have always been captivated by this image.
So frenchy, so pink, so pretty.

The pink  paint goes on...
 this Valspar color is my outdoor porch swing paint.
It is called Reflecting Rose. 
I must press on with my vision....
worse case scenario it will be white by the weekend.
 Bright pink, bad photo, 
but this is how two coats of pink looked.
 Not so chic.
 Next step was to distress and
 then apply a coat of rustic brown Hemnant's wax.
Following the wax I highlighted the entire mirror with this 
metallic champagne craft paint with that funny brush.
The little fan brush allows you to lightly 
brush it onto the carved areas of the mirror.
I liked how it looked, 
so I was liberal with the metallic paint application.
 The mirror is pink, but it is soft and pretty.
 I have a lot of pink in the carpet so it looks right at home.

It picks up the pinks in the wallpapered cabinet as well.
If anyone asks, I'll say I got it in France!

Pink and Pretty!

linking to 


No comments:

Post a Comment