Easter brings a kitchen makeover

 Its almost Easter and its starting to feel like springtime around here too.
 These incredible ruffled tulips came from the supermarket.
 The big urn has been planted with pansies and these sweet english daisies.
A few Easter decorations are dotted about the house....
But what is on my mind is painting these maple cabinets.
I never blog about this kitchen because I just don't like it.
 My kitchen has one window and it is not the sunny side of the house.
 So today I decided to get started and paint.
I painted for 5 hours, non-stop. 
I used one quart of Old White chalk paint from Annie Sloan. 
I recently painted my secretary with chalk paint and had my 
doubts if it would stand up to kitchen use.
 I was told to wax it and let it cure. 
So I did...and then I scrubbed my secretary and it stood up to the scrubbing.  
This is just a preview of the first coat. 
 still need to do one more coat, then wax it, then style the kitchen!
However, right now I am on cloud nine! 
I am in love with white cabinets, 
and I finally will have my white kitchen.
 I carried these large iron brackets home on the plane. 
I found them in an antique shop in Kansas City.
I love the acorn and oak leaf pattern. 
I plan to put them on my kitchen window to hold a shelf to hold some pretty things.
The first step is always the hardest, and I am soooo glad I took it.
 Next week I will be posting more on my 
long awaited kitchen makeover. 
Happy Easter everybody!
linking to
Pink Saturday Easter Posting
and
funky junk SNS


No comments:

Post a Comment