Tiny Topiary Garden Arbors and Interior Store Shots


 I like gardening and I love arbors and garden ornaments 
and all those kind of things~I have seen fairy gardens in blogland, 
but didn't realize there was a fairy garden industry out there~
 On Fathers Day I took Colin to visit his dad at a big Nursery
 in Wayland Mass, called Mahoneys. They had a section dedicated 
to fairy gardening! There were iron arbors and gazebos and
 tiny benches and chairs and wheelbarrows and garden tools~
all incredibly adorable and almost irresistible. 
 At the last auction I was lucky to get a heavy plaster planter 
that looks like a basket~once I saw the tiny fairy selection
 I decided to plant a fairy garden in the antique 
basket planter using Teeny Weenies.
 Teeny Weenies are the tiny plants like ferns and such that
 they sell to go with the fairy garden things.
Its really darling~this is it before I added the potting soil, 
but now it is outside all planted up with the wire arbor added in the middle.
 So that was really fun~thought I would share what I do on my day off...
 Strategically taking pics to avoid kitchen pileups~
you can add these arbors and gazebos to any planter for a fun touch.
 In the middle of the top row is a new coffeepot in 
my favorite purple transferware~I found it though
 a facebook connection of all places!! 
Someone asked me to like her shop...and when I went over,
 there was my reward!! Mar Bailey has a lot of things that 
I like in her shop~check out her link if you are interested!
 Look at how often they put gazebos and arbors
 in the paintings of the transferware~
its very romantic I think!
My teenie weenies all planted up~
and rare shots of my house these days...
 I do love topiaries for decorations~especially good fakes like this one!
 I took some of the teeny weenies and added them
 to the zinc conservatory I have in the store.
I hope they live!!
 Back to the ranch~ I took a pic of a faded delphinium...
it reached up into my opaline chandy and it looked so pretty I thought...
 I still love that wallpaper I found at Lowes...
I will be using some of it at the store in a desk soon.
 The Lilly table sold~didn't take long, you all were right!
 My brother Paul and his GF Deanna and her daughter Lilly 
came up from Texas for a visit~they come every summer and pop 
in to see us sisters in Boston and then head to Marthas Vineyard 
to live off the fat of the land at my parents~now THATS 
a summer vacation!! Deanna and Lilly said visiting my store 
was at the top of their list! Oh yeah baby! 
 Some interior shots~I was asked to send them to someone...
 Just don't feel like I have the touch for getting good shots lately in the store..
might have to call Betsy and borrow hers...she is on picmonkey making perfect!!
 Wings and pink chairs...

 These look a little overexposed...
Hey~tomorrow I am getting my sign!! 
I was supposed to get it today but the sign guy called me 
this morning and said he propped it up to take a pic to send to 
me and it fell off the counter onto the floor and got 
a huge scratch!! ARGH!! I feel like I have been waiting forever.
Well tomorrow I am getting another paint shipment,
and I should have the new Chalk Paint™ color Florence!
Until then~


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment