Spring has sprung and bathroom updates

 When springy weather arrives in Boston, 
its the best feeling in the world!
I just want to be outside and welcome all the flowers 
and freshen up the outside of the Maison. 
I grabbed the old pillars and propped them by the front door
and filled the urns with sweatpeas and forsythia (faux natch!)
A big grapevine wreath stuffed with clippings
 of faux forsythia is the easiest wreath to make 
to herald in the season.
 Last year I meant to do a few things like add lattice work around the porch~
I think I will try a little harder and earlier to get it done.
 I just don't like the look of it standing on stilts!
 Signs of life in the small garden are purple crocus~
and budding pink tulips and pink and peach narcissus.
Big pots and urns are empty and ready to be 
filled for the spring and summer seasons.
 In the barren and grey landscape all 
the bits and buds of green are very apparent.
Blobs of pink tulips are planted here and there~
its so fun to see them come into flower.
And following them, the roses will bloom!
 More crocus surround the budding Endless Summer hydrangea.
The wreath bursts with color~boom! Spring is here early this year!! 
Its going to be 70 degrees all week in Boston~that means the trees will be blooming early I guess.
All good things, its been such a mild winter, so nice, compared to last winter where we still had snow fall in April.  I'm ready to be outside for sure~but in the meantime I have indoor projects to complete that I have barely just started, like my bathroom.
 This is what it looks like when I descend upon a room
 and turn it into a project...boxes of paint 
and pieces of fabric and an image in my head...
I'll be sharing more as it develops~
it involves beige and antique pink and a touch of aqua.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment