Decorating with Silver

 I've been focusing on getting more silver into my shop~
vintage silver has so many uses that bring a little 
glamour to everyday life.
 Etsy
Look at this pretty bowl~
Roll up your finger tip towels and put this by the powder room sink 
for an everyday touch of elegance.
I loved the romantic style decorative medallion on 4 sides of the bowl.
Everything looks better on a silver tray~and I mean everything!
Anything grouped on a tray is more elegant.  Perfumes and soaps
on a tray in the bathroom is one way to use an old silver tray.
This wall grouping was shown in Better Homes and Gardens.
A collection of trays make for a nice wall composition.
 I look for vintage details that make an old piece a standout~
like this handle on a covered butter dish.
Anyone can use a glass or plastic dish to hold butter, 
but when your stick rests in a beautiful old container like this one,
it takes buttering toast to whole new level!
I've added piece by piece of old silver service items
to my kitchen for everyday use.
 A silver tray with silver butter dish, another domed silver butter holds the garlic bulbs and pitcher of spoons for chef tastings stand next to the stove. A small silver dish holds ripe tomatoes.
 This instantly makes a messy countertop look smartly organized!
Another silver tray on the other end of the counter holds my sugar bowls.
One has Splenda and the other holds organic sugar~ 
(which I learned is not as sweet as the regular Domino variety.)
These big water pitchers are fabulous additions to the shop.
 Pretty lines on this one,  but what condition is the silver plate really in?
After a quick polish....
If you like your silver with a bit of tarnish,
it will revert slowly back to the shabby look.
I have to say it looked marvelous all shined up.
And with flowers it is just glorious!
These old water pitchers make wonderful flower vases.
If hosting a wedding or a shower, you might collect
different styles of old silver plate pitchers for floral centerpieces
to give your tables a fabulous designer look.
Use your  silver pitchers and creamers for everyday dinner parties!
 This is a classic silver centerpiece bowl that can be used to
hold bottles of wine on ice for your next party~
but the shabby tarnished condition doesn't do it justice!
After polishing this huge silver bowl knocks your socks off!
This is nice~
but imagine your champagne in a huge silver bowl!
Ooh la la!!
This timeless wedding centerpiece is made using a large silver bowl
just like the one in my shop.
A great little toast rack with crumb tray can do office duty holding letters,
I use mine as a paper napkin caddy on my kitchen counter.
Little silver pedestal dishes have a million uses from
holding jewelry on your dresser to soaps in the powder room.
A silver compote bearing soaps would look right at home.
 
Another classic water pitcher after polishing~
which do you prefer, polished or tarnished?
Thank you Susan!
 My sister did the dirty work for us!
No polishing needed any time soon.
The tarnished before photo~
I have to say it looks better with a polish, 
and just a tad of tarnished patina is how I like my silver.
This was my friend Nita's idea!
She took casserole caddies and mounted them sideways 
to hold her spices. What a fabulous way to use these old silver pieces.
Take a stroll through the vintage silver additions at my shop
if you are in the market for adding 
affordable pieces to your collection.
I hope I've given you ideas on looking at your
 silver in more ways than one.
I'm proud to show off these pieces from my shop
and have even more silver coming soon!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment