A Pretty Bedding Makeover

 There is no quicker way to give your bedroom a facelift
 than by switching out the duvet cover. 
 Roaming around Target I always love to check
 on Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic line~
 This pretty cotton duvet cover was the perfect match 
for my aqua blue walls, rugs and silk draperies.  
The pattern is pink hydrangea blossoms 
sprinkled randomly across the aqua blue background.
 Normally I don't have a bedskirt, 
but this look called for a shabby style skirt
 and I found this multi-tier ruffled skirt on Overstock.com.
 The Shabby Chic duvet comes
 with a pair of ruffled shams in prewashed 100% cotton.
A white ruffled lumber pillow from Home Goods 
joins a Shabby Chic "sweet dreams" toss pillow. 
 I love the ruffle on the shams.
 The back side of both the duvet and the shams
 is a vintage looking petite faded floral print.
With pretty dressmaker details~covered buttons!
 I like to wash my bedding before I use it, 
so in the washer and dryer it went and onto the bed. 
 No ironing, so excuse the wrinkled look, but thats how I like it!
 The other thing you might consider is using a King for a Queen size bed.  
I do~I like the extra length and coverage 
and I do it for both the sheets and my duvet covers.  
Who wants to play tug of war when putting on your sheets?  
 This was the ruffled duvet I found online at Overstock at a price too good to resist.
A Shabby Chic makeover on a budget~
This was the last look the bedroom wore.
 The only changes were the duvet and the skirt.  
Somehow the new duvet just fits the room better, and me as well!
Thanks to Rachel for making her pretty designs available to us all!
~Sweet Dreams~



No comments:

Post a Comment