A big girl sleepover

I am going to my first virtual sleepover~
this is getting kind of crazy in blogland, but stick with me.
 It is kind of a neat idea~a bunch of bloggers are going to
 virtually sleepover at a pal's house and watch movies 
and have some refreshments and talk about girl stuff~to include
 our favorite all time movies, based on the set designs!  
I have picked out my jammies~
they are by Nick n' Nora and I got them
 at Target a couple of years ago. 
 I bought them for Christmas one year, 
but since they are all pastel colors, they don't scream Christmas!
So I get to wear them as soon as it starts getting cold around here. 
They are soft flannel in my favorite colors and they
 have little dogs and pink houses on them~
so for me that is a winning combination.
Cute, right?
 I reached up on top of the fridge and 
pulled down a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc to bring along.
That is one thing that you do get to have on  big girl sleep overs~ big girl drinks!
I'll bring along some baked brie and crackers~
enough to share with my gal pals. Yummy.
The movie I want to share with the best set design, 
in my opinion, was Out of Africa.
I loved everything about this movie, 
and fantasized about being living in such a dream house.
Karen Blixen's House in Out of Africa
The living room~its very English cottage! 
 This is amazing~Karen set up house in the middle of Africa, 
and yet it is English Cottage inside.
The set designers did a great job with this movie~look at all of the details.
Don't you love those french doors with the curved cut outs at the top?
 So romantic! Karen made all the helpers wear white gloves
 so as not to ruin her precious things.
She sets a fancy dinner table every time she entertains. 
Look at the silver and the centerpiece. 
Karen is drinking white wine too I see.
 Her bedroom set design is fabulous and timeless~
(I could find a room like this on a blog somewhere on any given day.)
She's just like me! I love to read in bed before I go to sleep.
A lovely window seat in her room done in a romantic french brocade stripe. 
The lace panels are lovely too. The dog is just as beautiful.
 She would have tea with her linen cloth and silver service out on the veranda. 
That is the life!
 Look at the set design, the wonderful wicker chairs, 
the topiaries and bamboo slatted roller shades~
it all seems vintage and current at the same time.
 This was a very sad scene for me to watch~
her yard sale when she had to leave Africa. 
I actually cried at this part. 
So sad to see her dream die, 
and to have the furniture littering the lawn with price tags
was just very moving. I cried a lot during this movie.
 But it is still my favorite movie of all time.
Have you ever seen it? It won picture of the year you know. 
I think most might say it is a girl movie, 
so I am glad I can share it with my GFs tonight.
I got all the images from Julia's Hooked on Houses post
 that she wrote about this movie.
Click Julia's name above to go read more about this fabulous movie.
The Slumber Party is at Donna's of A Reclaimed Life. 
You are invited too! 
So come on over and see who else is showing up
 in their jammies with their favorite movie!


No comments:

Post a Comment