Floral Bookcase Backing

 Chintz floral fabric is wrapped over foam core
 to line the back of my living room bookcases.
 Remember these delicious draperies I found on my antique hunt darling?
(Using Martyns's accent from Million Dollar Decorators here)
None other than the Prince of Chintz, Mario Buatta, designed this fabric!
I hung them up as draperies, but since I only had one pair, they didn't quite work~
so my mind went back to the 
beautiful bookcases in the living room of Annette Tatum.
I just love this romantic living room decor.
Just like that, the scissors came out 
and the fabric was cut.
I wrapped the precious fabric around the foam core board and 
secured it with a fancy duct tape that Mr. MD had bought recently. 
I prayed I would love it...and stepped back to have a look.
Yes, I think I do like it, but I have to finish the entire bookcase to be sure.
Of course the store only had one piece of foam core, 
so I will be getting more tomorrow somewhere else.
That is when I can put all the new (old) things together~like this pretty mirror.
Its lines are more interesting than the old oval one that was there.
Can you believe my french phone works? 
Well almost! It has a dial tone, you can call people, and it rings!
I can hear who is calling, 
but no one can hear me! Ha! 
Well, we have a retired phone company friend who
will be able to cure that issue hopefully. 
I love looking at that phone, it makes me feel so fancy!
Today  I will be busy making more fabric panels for my book case.
And maybe one giant delicious pillow for the sofa too!
linking to 
Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment