A touch of modern glamour in the dining room


My natural style of decorating rarely includes anything modern.
I am drawn to old things, with history and glamour.
Romantic style with a french attitude.
 However these lucite lamps with embroidered drum shades
 were a cheerful pair I spotted at the Salvation Army thrift store.
Since befriending Nita, at Mod Vintage Life, 
and visiting her new link party, Mod Mix Monday,
I was inspired to try a touch of mod in my 
cottage french dining room.
 The big surprise is how much I liked it! 
Its fresh and fun and makes me look twice, 
because it is unexpected.
I paired the lamps with a new vintage purple transferware platter.
I love how the colors on the sideboard repeat the colors in the 
transferware collection and linen pillows.
 A summery sideboard with modern glam
The dotted shades have the same colors as the french mirror.
The dining room table with those frenchy chairs I love.
The custom runner with the long silk ruffle drapes well over the table.
This is more of how I think of decorating~
cottage, with garden elements, french styling and metallic finishes.
However I have learned a little modern touch...
 can add some
joie de vivre!

linking to 
and 
and

No comments:

Post a Comment