Washroom Editing and Fluffing

 After any new decorating project is finished there is always a
number of things that get adjusted, and the washroom is no exception.
Before blogging I had never heard of the term "fluffing".
Fluffing is making things a little bit fresher and better.
 This project involved the tin wallpaper ceiling
 and changing up the finish on the cabinets.
A soft two tone distressed finished with a crown molding 
gave this room the shabby vintage feel I was looking for.
But some things weren't quite right.
This is a detail pic of the cabinet distressing and the knobs.
I painted and distressed these knobs in the Habbersham way!
 The mirror is now hung vertically so Mr. Maison can see himself.
I removed the large towel hanger 
and replaced it with a pretty shelf I found at an antique shop. 
The hand towel now hangs off of a bronze robe hook.
A decorative display for pretty bottles, some old, some new.
That tall green bottle was on a stone wall on 
the New Hampshire home we sold last year. 
It was filled with dirt and moss and is a fond reminder of our former home.
This is how it looked after I finished the wallpapering and cabinets.
Too much going on in that space...
Keeping a wooden box holds the things my family likes to leave
on the counter top. For the photo I have hand soap and a pretend vintage bottle,
but in real life the man soap in a can and the iPhone charger find there way
into this box and it keeps me happy.
 This box came from Hobby Lobby and it corrals countertop items.
A hooked rug of roses in browns and blues
 is perfect for this shabby pretty room.
Toilet pictures are not my favorite, I will say.
Blues and greens and galvanized metal are the common thread.
Decorating a toilet area~it has to be done.
The metal toilet paper holder came home with me from Hobby Lobby too.
The wall behind it needs to be painted, but this was a needed improvement.
The linen fleur-de-lis kitchen valance replaced 
the mosquito net drape I originally hung.
This is the before fluffing.
 I hated the placement of the toilet paper roll holder.
Who put that there??
Right under the window in such an important spot~
I couldn't find anything that would fit 
this shabby vintage washroom until I went to Hobby Lobby!
The other changes were adding the valance and the rug.
Here is a reminder of how far this room has come:
Yes, its the same room!
Ahh the power of paint and wallpaper.
And little adjustments that make it just right.


No comments:

Post a Comment