Pumpkins say Fall

 What is fall decorating without the pumpkin?
It's the must have accessory for welcoming the autumn season~
I spent a good part of the day outside yesterday
and it was a picture perfect fall day in New England.
The leaves are turning and some have fallen,
and many homes have fall decorations signaling the change.
 A simple grouping of pumpkins is the easiest way to decorate for fall.
 A more elaborate farm stand look can be achieved
 by loading up the pumpkins
and the potted mums. The front door is graced by 
dried corn stalks and wreaths.
 I found these images inside this issue of Cottages and Bungalows.
There are lots of great ideas for fall decor inside.
 Love this simple idea of using thumbtacks to create a monogram.
 A rustic table is set on this covered outdoor porch, 
complete with pumpkins. 
I joined the throngs at the supermarket this morning as a hurricane is headed 
our way~so while I waited in line, I looked through Cottages and Bungalows
and had to add it to my cart!  Today is my day off and I was looking forward to actually cooking a meal, after I replenished our empty shelves. I used to do this all the time, but these days those domestic moments are few and far between.  So even though there were crowds at the market, I really didn't mind. I hope the storm just blows on through without causing harm or damage.  
 And even though it was my day off, Boston was OPEN
 for business~soI stopped in the shop to check it out and 
say hi to Justin. We are turning over stock pretty quickly, 
and when larger items sell, the small store gets a new look!
The wall banners have been a big seller, 
both online and in the shop.  
As far as decorating with pumpkins goes~
we have a couple of small white ones in the shop.
A silver and gold leaf garland too~
 Our (orangeless) Maison Decor fall style.
Back at home we indulge in the traditional fall colors
of orange~it may not be my favorite color, but 
it feels right between summer and winter.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment