Old World Patina finish


 Before showing the Old World finish,
check out this table done with some color washing.
 A small formerly brown coffee table sat and sat in my store.
A customer decided to buy it as long as I would paint it to go with his other things~
so I was up to the task.
I used Chalk Paint® decorative paint by Annie Sloan
 in Old White with a wash 
of Duck Egg and Louis Blue in different areas.
 The other piece on the work bench is the
 Chippendale bench I had done in pastels~
it was time to rework it since it didn't sell.
 This got a wash of Duck Egg over the Old Ochre base~
 I wanted to use the Patina Gilding Paste over the carved areas.
 I also made a wash with King Gold gilding wax~
and combined together on top of the Duck Egg Chalk Paint
 it looked much like an antique from some French palace!~! Woohoo!
French Palace relic??
 Perhaps...*wink*
 Back in stock at the store and online
 is the popular Parisian Apartment clock~
 It also has the verdis-gris look much like the settee.
 We were so pleased to meet Justin's new GF last night~Madison!
She is very lovely and we had a great time together over dinner.
I know you guys haven't seen much of my house lately~so here we 
are in my kitchen (the one with the Chalk Paint on the cabinets)!!
Life goes on, with or without a store to run...and that includes having 
small dinner parties and trying to clean and cook.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment