Blue Opaline Karma

  How did I end up with two blue opaline chandeliers?
It was karma~
Do you believe in karma? 
I had been to Betsy Speert's house and she had this beautiful blue chandy
hanging in her dining room! I snapped this pic that day and then wrote about
it on the blog....one day I got a package in the mail and inside was a 
collection of blue opaline parts~enough to create the chandelier of my dreams!
 It came as a gift from "the other Betsy"~a blog reader who
 follows Maison Decor and we had become friendly through 
email as we shared many similar likes~she had TWO blue opaline chandies as well
as sconces that she was not using and she wanted to GIVE me the opaline parts!! 
Yes, Betsy gave them to me~she wrapped them all up and 
sent them to my house with a pretty Christmas card too.
 The next morning in my PJs I set to making my blue chandelier~
 It was so thrilling! I loved it!! I was beyond happy~
it felt like Santa Claus did exist in our grown up world afterall.....
and then a month or so later I got an email from someone looking 
to sell their antique blue opaline chandelier that was their mothers~
she had died and they were settling her estate.  Was I interested?  
Oh my!!  Of course I was interested~so I gave them
 my best offer and it was a sealed and signed deal!
 The chandelier arrived in a big brown box haphazardly packed....
They let their furniture movers pack this baby up!! Eee Gads! 
 I was hoping there was no breakage.  But there was~ 
one broken prism, and a cracked bobeche.  
 Still it was lighter than air and on a frame that looked like 
Cinderella's carriage. And not only did I 'buy the chandelier....
 Their mother had loved blue opaline too and had amassed a 
collection of glassware and other bits as well as a 
matching pair of sconces! Woo hoo!!
 It was the Blue Opaline Motherload! 
And it was all mine!!
 Mr. Maison Decor hung the chandy with care and his wife was in heaven~!
 Many photo ops ensued~I was totally digging the pale aquamarine glass.

 It looked good with white and it looked pretty with pink~
 My living room chandy now had a big sister~
and you could see them from one room looking into
 the next.  It is so pretty and I was feeling very 
grateful for how these two chandeliers came into my possession.
I would soon paint my Mora to match in pale blue~
 I bought aquamarine candlesticks to match~
 This was my idea of heaven.....
so when I got an email yesterday from a lady, 
asking me if she knew where she could get a prism 
as she had suffered a broken one~well I knew her pain.
 She got this antique blue opaline chandy in France 
and was told it was from the late 1800s.  
She had her electrician go to install it and he BROKE 
one of the prisms!!! ARGH!!!! They don't make 
these anymore...or at least if they do 
I haven't found a vendor...and they aren't 150 years old either.
 I asked her if she had the measurements and a photo...
so she sent me these.  Well the other Betsy had
 given me enough drops so that I had 3 extras. 
 I used one for my broken prism, 
and I had two spares left in my coveted stash.   
So as karma dictates one of my prisms from Betsy 
will go to Tricia now so her chandelier can be complete.
Don't you just love karma?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment