Fancy and Rustic finish Chalk Paint® project


 Its official~I really do love Chalk Paint®. 
The more I use it, the more things I seem to be able to 
do with it, and it turns me on!! 
This french desk is the perfect example~
Here is the photo my picker sent me~I loved it!
(not the wooden knobs though of course)
 Colin painted it in two coats of Old Ochre Chalk Paint~
Then I painted the drawers in Versailles.
Old Ochre is a great color, like a bone white. 
 Then Colin crackled the top surface~
we teach you the correct way to do this in our Intro classes.
He kept the mood light (as is his custom and style)
 Then I did a wash of Versailles across the top of the desk.
 At this stage it looked like this~
We wanted a rustic yet fancy finish~so the crackled is the rustic part
as is the Dark wax which is next. 
We planned to add a wash of Versailles in the leg detail area too.
Colin added a coat of dark wax on top of the desk top
 over the clear wax to bring out the crackled details.
 Brush it on and around and then rub it off...done.
 Now for the last step~!!!
 I applied King Gold Gilding Wax along the edges for a luxe look.
 Boy, does it deliver!!
We hit the edges of the hardware too.
 This desk is so elegant now...I just have to get some
 hardware for the center draw and it will be finished.
So that's the latest on this project~
I actually have two others that I am holding the lid on
 and will share later as we have our pants on fire running into
 Boston and getting the store all set up!
Its SUPER exciting and NERVE wracking! 
I plan to have a big margarita tonight!! 
Have a great weekend everybody!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment