Shabby Chateau Style~

 The back door in my shop has been getting painted
 and decoupaged and it really is a work in progress...
even I don't know what it is going to end up looking 
like in the end~but I did find it to be a great spot to hang up
 some botanical reproductions of roses I have for sale in the shop. 
I think they would be pretty decoupaged on an armoire
 or the side of a cabinet or bathroom vanity...
but for now I thought I would display them on this door.
 It all feels wonderfully vintage to me~anyhow,
 this is how I started my day at work...
pinning up roses on a door. 
 Then I turned my attention to painting~
 I had painted a mora clock in Old White Chalk Paint®, 
the first one so far I have done all white, and it looks very nice. 
 While I was doing that I also started painting one of 
the big yellow armoires in French Linen Chalk Paint.
 French Linen is more of a grey with brown undertones than blue~
 A quick peek at this cabinet in which I mixed 
two colors~Paris Grey and Country Grey. 
 I got two coats on the huge armoire and it 
looks more stately in grey, doesn't it?  not sure what is next,
but for now it will just dry~
 Its the end of the day and I am headed home~but I noticed that 
this armoire looks fabulous next to those toile draperies!!
I am headed to a TV studio for a 
5 minute spot tonight with the new mayor~
he is a big proponent of small businesses and I will be asked to 
talk about my business and why I picked our fair city
to open Maison Decor~should be fun!!
I'll fill you in tomorrow~

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment