Duck Egg Blue gets added to Facade~


 Colin and I painted the screen door Duck Egg Blue 
as well as the ceiling over the front entryway.
This color looks outstanding with the Henrietta!
  A little painters tape was used to keep it off the granite~
 Duck Egg Blue Chalk Paint looks really nice with the 
verdi-gris color of the copper bay windows above~
 I took a little time to make some more shopping bags up~
I use a big fleur-de-lis stamp
in black on simple brown handle bags~
then I fit a cardboard piece in the bottom 
for extra strength as the paint is heavy!
 Its a little touch~and easy to do...when I get really 
big (*!) I'll pay some company to print up custom bags,
but until then, this method is fast and effective.
 More merchandising in the store and I am seeing results~
I had a few walk in customers who bought silver items, but no paint~
so that was interesting....
 And then at the end of the day I had a BIG paint sale~
a cute lady bought 7 cans of paint and two cans of wax!
She went to the Boston workshop, but has yet to try it at home
and was waiting for someone to open a store close to her!!
She bought Graphite, Provence, Old Ochre, Antoinette, Louis Blue,
Old White, and both dark and clear waxes.
So glad she waited~my biggest sale to date.
 I'll be having my first workshop in June~
and designer/pal Betsy Speert and her business partner
Kris will be taking the class....so that should be crazy fun!
I'll be offering steak tips for lunch!!
(PS as of this morning I have lost 14 pounds
on the famous steak tip diet~if you want my 
diet, email me and I will tell you how I do it)
 My Paint area~I started working on a vintage 
shabby backdoor among other things!~
I have to say having a store gives
 me tremendous freedom to play around
with what is in my head and translating it into reality. 
 So anyway, yesterday the store front was solo Henrietta~
And today it is Henrietta with Duck Egg Blue~
don't you think its nice?  
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment