A proper chandelier for the kitchen

Finally I can share the new chandelier I picked out for the kitchen! I was thinking I would have an oversized lantern in this room over the island, but when I went looking this fixture won me over. Does that ever happen to you? You get an idea for a certain something or style and then you are wooed by another lover?
 Well the stars finally aligned last night for the installation to take place.  The time was after sundown, and the man who was going to make it happen was Mr. Maison Decor. My old fixture was a double swagged light that I upcycled from the dump, and it will be making its way to my Etsy shop for short dough if any one is interested. Here the lights are coming off of the swag hooks in kitchen ceiling while the wires to the new one are getting prepped.
 My installer is quite proficient at hanging chandeliers now....
 One hour later and it was ready to be turned on and admired!
 This fixture is a little bit farmhouse and a little bit glamour girl~all mixed together. 
 It actually is meant to be hung with tubular rods, 
but since we were going to swag it, we added a chain
 and then covered the chain with a cord cover I found at Lowes.  
 The fixture fits the scale of the big island better, and really makes a statement. It is very sparkly even when the lights are turned off. Since it was nighttime you are getting to see it all lit up.  This farmhouse mod chandy came from Overstock.com and it got glowing reviews.  I totally agree~even the hubs loves it.
 While we are in the kitchen,
 you can see the debut of my Belgian antique doughbowl. 
 I filled it with ornaments and a few greens.
 The last shot of the evening~
I couldn't wait to share this cool chandelier with you guys this morning!
But first, I ran down to the kitchen bright 
and early and took this shot of how it looks in natural light.
This is the last piece of the kitchen makeover.  
It added a little bit of a modern touch to juxtapose the vintage details. 
 Do you like it? I am dying to know!
Linking to 
and
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment