Silverplate settings

 Thanksgiving is right around the corner.  
Are you hosting dinner this year?  
I like to set a formal table and this year I have some new additions,
 including a complete set of Roger Bros 
silverplate flatware that I got at auction this summer.
If you want to set a fancier table, 
here is a solution on how to get that look.
First of all, consider silver plate.
 My "new" pattern is  called "First Love". 
Silverplate is an inexpensive way to give your table a fancier look. 
 You can find a complete set on eBay for well under $100. 
My set came from an auction house.
 This group of flatware was all dumped onto a tray 
and I didn't think twice about it until I saw no one was bidding on it.
  So I was able to get it all for $10~
later on at home I counted all the pieces and I was thrilled.
 It had dinner and salad forks, teaspoons and soup spoons, knives, 
butter knife, and about ten serving pieces like a ladle, 2 meat forks,  2 large spoons,  a large pierced spoon, a fish server and sugar spoon.  
It was a complete set of 8 settings, shy one dinner fork, 
so I went looking on eBay and found a pair of 
First Love dinner forks and bought them for $15 to complete the set.
 I'll be setting the table with the Clarice Cliff 
purple transferware in rural scenes set I bought from eBay this summer too.
 Lots of miscellaneous pieces of silver plate 
and purple transferware will be on the table as well.
 I like to pull everything out of the cupboards
 and see what needs to be done~polishing and ironing...
 A large carving board in a reticulated plated tray
 with wooden handles was found antiquing. 
 Tina, from the Enchanted Home posted on some 
gorgeous meat trays almost like this one~
but their price was $650~ 
a far cry from $20 at the antique coop.  
These old fashioned traditional pieces can be found for a song.
 Ebay and antique shops and auctions are
 great resources for finding those serving pieces for your holiday table.
I am still on the hunt for a big turkey platter in purple transferware.
Let me know if you see one anywhere please!
 Let the polishing begin!
linking to
vif187


No comments:

Post a Comment