Front Entry

 This house doesn't have much of an entryway, never mind a foyer. I once had a house that had a foyer so big I put a huge Christmas tree in there.  Like most entryways, it is nice if you can have a spot to hang your hat or jacket~and to hold the things we use on a daily basis as we go in and out of the house.
 My front door is right next to my living room which is connected to our staircase. I always felt that when we open our front door it is a moment of "Hello~welcome to my staircase"...I hung a smocked sheer from a simple rod to cozy up the living room and create separation from the stairway.
The curtain creates a little wall between these spaces.  (Tobey can always be found trying to pose right in the middle of every picture I take, so sometimes I just get tired of shooing him off.)
 Now to the entry area~one really good thing is that the front door is a french door with sidelights.  Just think of how closed in it would feel if this were a regular wood door.  So I love having the french door for my front door~it lets in a lot of light and has an open feel.
 A hall tree from Home Goods was just the thing to put in this narrow space. It has two drawers that I fill with my garden gloves and pruners and a few pairs of winter gloves and some extra dog things.  It has a bench so you can sit down and take off your boots, as well as a series of hooks that we use for dog leads.
 To the left I have some other hooks that as the season progresses find themselves doing more duty holding winter hats, scarves and coats.
 My latest hook plaque came from my blog friends at Juniper Hill Antiques!
 It is very frenchy! I love the crystal knobs and I like it more as a decorative piece. I hung a few momentos that I got as gifts from other blog friends. A cute "petit sac" was made by Donna at D.Reynes blog, and the clay tag with "mon amie" was from my friend Jami, at Freckled Laundry blog.  These little blogland mementos and this beautiful plaque make me smile, knowing blog friends are real girl friends!
 Creating a home for my family is like building a pretty picture puzzle. I keep adding and moving things around until I have created "The Perfect Nest". Of course we all know, I will never finish my puzzle!
Juniper Hill is giving one of these away~all you have to do is like their FaceBook page! Go here to enter~

No comments:

Post a Comment