decorating with transferware


A simple way to use transferware in home decor
 is to make a floral container out of a vessel.
One piece like this adds cottage charm and a nod to yesteryear.
 
Typically one sees a collection 
of transferware showcased in cupboards.  
Adding just a few red and white plates transformed these shelves.
Another common area for decorating with transferware is in the kitchen.
The large hood over the range is a great place to display a prized platter.
Leave it to Martha Stewart to design a 
wedding cake to coordinate with transferware!
Can you say gorgeous? 
An enchanting backdrop for the dog figurines, 
the plates make for a charming brown and white vignette.
I have a weakness for purple transferware. 
This is a pretty table that uses white dishes and sets a 
small purple Clarice Cliff Charlotte plate on the top. 
This is quite lovely, on a sideboard~a big collection to admire on a daily basis.
I vividly recall seeing this first on Cote de Texas. 
The entire wall is covered with purple and mulberry transferware plates.
 I think it is quite incredible!
 Not in love with mirror or lamps in that black finish though.
The first purple piece I ever got was this lacy looking teapot.
It started my collection~
I built up my collection one or two plates at a time.
On Etsy I found this tiny sugar bowl lamp for my kitchen.
I have since added a set of dinner ware in purple that I can't wait to share
with you all! I also got a few pieces from my Brimfield Trip.
I don't know anyone who has a 
bigger collection than Nancy of Nancy's Daily Dish.
She has a business and a blog built around transferware.
I asked Nancy to work with a
 client of mine to put together an instant collection
for her dining room and living room walls. 
When the project is completed I will be bringing you pictures,
but here is what Nancy sent me for 
one of the groupings for my client to consider.
We will be hanging this row of plates above an arched window~
it is going to look amazing!
Totally a coincidence, but lucky for us all that love transferware,
 I see that Nancy is having a giveaway at Stone Gable this morning! 
So if you are looking to get into transferware, 
head over there and maybe you will get lucky!

If you are in the shopping mood, 
you can see a few pieces for sale at reasonable prices

6. StoneGable 7. Pinterest 8. source  9. 10. MaisonDecor 

linking to
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment