Vintage Treasures

When the rain comes it is the perfect excuse to go antiquing.
I remembered reading about an antique co-op on Dear Lillie's blog
called White Home Collections
that is located in Wilton, New Hampshire that 
Jennifer said had great finds at reasonable prices.
Not too far of a drive, Mr. Maison Decor cheerily agreed and off we went.
As we approached the big white house with pink barns I started drooling.
I am a sucker for old garden antiques and the yard outside was littered with them.
Inside the old house was an antique co-op with
 many dealers sharing 3 floors and 2 small barns.
 Look at the french enamel baby bathtub!
While I have always wanted one,
 at $199 it was not coming home with us.
I was looking for bargains.
 Antique urns were at every turn. 
This beautiful arbor caught my attention as well.
I couldn't wait to get started in the small barn. 
Before I even got inside the old house,
Mr. MD and SS (step-son) were already 
on the third floor of the house.
Hmmm....our schedules for checking things
 out were clearly on a different track.
So off they went in search of coconut cream pie and leaving me
 to my own devices for two full hours of antiquing bliss!!
I found a few things for my Etsy shop
 as well as a few things for our home.
This house, with its painted wide pine floors, 
was filled with all kinds of treasures.
It had dozens of tiny rooms filled with all kinds of vintage finds. 
This is what I brought home.
 All of my finds are laid out on top of the 
most beautiful pale blue chintz floral drapes. 
You will be seeing these drapes somewhere soon in our home.
The fabric has pinks, lilacs, and the softest of pastels on a dreamy color blue.
The drapes were hand sewn, fully lined and at $34 for the pair, 
the fabric alone would cost at least $100 more than the asking price.
Heavily glazed chintz was quite popular in the 80s, 
(and of course in Victorian times)
but I have recently become attracted to it again, 
and was bowled over by this color. 
I could even imagine taking it apart and wallpapering
 the backs of my bookcases with this fabric.
Two chandeliers!
 One french gold number that came out of an old estate in Naples Florida....
Look at the detail on this small chandy. 
Just gorgeous!
The other was a bargain black iron with wood spindle for $30.
 I plan to make this over into a shabby chic style with a few crystals.
A petite size, this would be perfect for a powder room or small space. 
A large mirror that I fell in love with had carved details.
This might get a little freshening up, but will end up in my living room.
It was $59 which I thought was a steal.
Another mirror I bought was an elegant long oval with carved rosettes in blue.
A pair of vintage scales will go to my Etsy shop.
One is in a pretty blue and is for weighing babies, the 
other is a classic white kitchen scale with a grey and white face.
A french phone~something I think is a fun prop for the house.
Being a rotary dial, it might not even work, but I am hoping it does.
It has a Faberge look to it~all gold and silver scroll work.
This item is really cool. I was told it is called a lavabo.
Basically a wall mounted portable washing station.
This was mounted outside on the barn.
An Italian Lavabo!
I know I must have seen them before but recalled 
recently seeing this pretty blue enamelware Lavabo 
My vintage example is white ceramic, 
made in Italy and it is in working condition.
Pretty to hang on the wall near your gardening area.
There are little holes for easy installation.
Mr. MD filled it with water and it works perfectly.
All in all, a happy and successful shopping trip.
linking to 
and
and




No comments:

Post a Comment