someone stole my bike

Last year I found an old bike at the
 swap shop at the New Hampshire dump. 
I took it home and spray painted it.....
I wrapped it all up in tape and paper 
and plastic and sprayed it Krylon Ocean Breeze.
We brought it home to our Boston home.
 It got a new basket with some flowers.
It looked so cute out there.
It spent its winter outside, keeping the pink swing company.
Spring came soon enough.
An American flag was in the
 basket for Memorial Day and the 4th of July.
I grew used to seeing this happy bike outside the house.
 Even though it had two flat tires, and was purely eye candy, 
I loved this bike. 
It was free, and cost me the price of a can of spray paint.
 Sometime they say the best things in life are free. 
This afternoon when I came down my steps, I saw that it was gone.
 Someone took my bike!
I mean, someone walked up onto my property and stole my bike. 
I was so bummed. Why anyone would take a bike with two flat tires is beyond me....
so the next time I have a bike out front because
 I like how it makes the house look~
I will chain it to the tree or the porch pole. Sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment