Feminine Style


 Flipping through the latest issue of Romantic Country
I spotted a very pretty room that seemed familiar.
When I stopped looking at the image and 
began to read the article, I knew why it was familiar!
Photo by Andy Holzman
It was the living room of Annette Tatum,
 the designer and author of The Well Dressed Home~
a book I bought last year and love.
 One of my favorite rooms in the book was Annette's living room 
with pink slipcovers and wallpapered bookcases. 
 But something seemed different~so I got my copy of the book and compared
what changes Annette has made in the room since her book was published.
 Annette Tatum~in front of her inspiration wall. 
I share her love of pink and feminine styling.
Just like the rest of us do, it was fun to see that
 even  big designers tweak their rooms over time.
 This is the living room shown in her book. 
She has the famous pink linen slipcovers  with the tiny ruffles, 
as well as a pair of floral slipper chairs, 
a pink moroccan pouf, a large linen ottoman, 
and pink floral wallpapered bookcases.
 In the magazine she has changed the 
pink background wallpaper for a cream background wallpaper~
a slight change, but one I think is an improvement.
I love looking at how she styles her shelves.
She also eliminated the floral chairs to create more open space. 
 The large ottoman is gone as well as the pouf. 
A small round pink upholstered ottoman serves
 as the coffee table and a gilded french wingback chair 
replaces the pair larger slipper chairs for additional seating.
I am crazy in love with this room!
 Here is the right side of the room, with both images so you can compare her changes.
 The left side of the room with the before and current room images.
 Her mantle got a few subtle changes as well~
a less ornate picture frame, a few pastel tchotchkes 
 and that wonderful french gilded tole floral piece.
The image of the old mantel arrangement.
This is Annette's book and it is loaded with inspirational pictures
 and advice on how to find your own personal style in home decor. 
I am what she would categorize as "Casual Romantic"~
that is the stamp she put on this room! And I love it...
so this is leading me to consider wallpapering
 my own bookcases in a faded out floral.
The fabric you see under Annette's book is one
 that I ordered a few months ago with the
 purpose of covering the backs of the bookcases. 
However when I put a sample up, it was way too busy.
So I am looking for just the right wallpaper.
It would have to be very faded looking
 and in just the right pastel colors.
 I have an email into Annette to find out if her 
bookcases were done in fabric or paper.
 I'll keep you posted!


linking to
Show and Tell Friday 


No comments:

Post a Comment