Pretty Henrietta Paint

This is Henrietta, Annie Sloane's pinky purple colored chalk paint.
 It hasn't been seen much around blogland
but it is a color that I really like. 
Henrietta is even on the cover of Veranda this month!
I will admit I thought it was going to be more pink.
 When I opened the can I was kind of surprised at how purpley it looked. 
One of my upcoming projects is a non-paying job~
decorating my son Colin's college apartment.
He asked me if I could decorate it using an oriental rug
 and artwork he hopes to get from my mom's house,
where he is living this summer. 
He found a closet full of rugs and asian art from our world traveling days.
Colin was excited to find all of these unused treasures, 
and I thought it would make for a cool looking apartment. 
First on the list was transforming this tv console
 into something with a Moroccan vibe. 
I created a template and got out Henrietta and started painting.
 First I painted the drawers and the area on the end with the template. 
Wimbledon is on the tv~I love watching that
 championship series the week of the 4th of July.
 Then I used a gold acrylic paint and 
my trusty stencil to make a pattern on top of the purple area.
The middle eastern bohemian decor incorporates lots of deep jewel tones. 
We will be using reds, oranges, and golds.
 This little bit of purple will give it just the right touch of Middle eastern flair.
 After that I added turquoise dots to give it a henna tattoo look.
I think it will be getting some distressing and 
some dark wax to make it more mysterious.
While I was creating (winging) this bohemian style console, 
I realized that Henrietta seems to be similar to my pillars outside.
There were a couple of unpainted sections and
 I grabbed the can and went outside hoping for a close match.
 Indeed, the color was very close.
So I patched up a bit on the pillars and got carried away.
The iron bed got Henrietta-ed....
 The rusty finial stakes got Henrietta-ed...
 The broken water fountain window got Henrietta-ed...
 This bed was meant to be in Henrietta.
 The bird house got Henrietta-ed too. 
The little white conservatory is going to get some Henrietta as well.
This little can of paint is pulling together my garden in a very nice way!
Look what I found on Craiglist...
a three thousand dollar Pella window for $200.
 This window is 6 feet long~what a statement 
that would make over a sliding door. 
 I told Mr. Maison Decor that I walked all around the house 
and cannot find a place to install this window~our ceilings are too low. 
He then brilliantly suggested we start building 
our garden house with this pretty window! 
Woo Hoo! I called and offered the seller half price, and he said sold!
 So that will be in our possession by night fall! 
My dream garden and the little house is coming along...
I did a sketch of how it could look with the new window, 
an old stained glass window I have in storage,
and Henrietta pink plank doors and shutters.
***~~~~~~~~***
I'll keep you posted on the latest with my garden house

No comments:

Post a Comment