Porch Decor and the Pink Swing

 This is our sideporch.
 It is really a deck, but I call it a porch.
In the past it has kind of been a 
junk catcher with a huge gas grill.
 I decided to charm it up a bit when I found
 these two rockers in the neighbors trash pile.
Nothing wrong with them except a bit of chipping paint...
and that is not a problem for me!
I hung a string of lights around an iron planter
 for some mood lighting at night.
 I covered two pillows in hot pink linen toile that I never used indoors. 
I was looking for a table to set a drink on and
 found this one on markdown at Home Goods. 
I have a big black umbrella coming!! 
This area is in direct sunlight and we need some shade.
 The big urn has been planted with pink geraniums 
and purple pansies and some other cascading things.
Lets walk down below and check out the swing area 
and the rest of the yard.
The porch is right above the pink swing.
The hot pink toile and flowers tie it all together.
This is what the junky side porch used to look like...
but it is all cute now!
 I added a wooden trellis and moved the big french style urn 
bearing a copper plate underneath it.
  I filled with flowers and morning glory seeds.
I like to use bright pink and turquoise in the yard.
This is going to look really pretty in July.
It is nice and shady here.
The back yard is still getting worked on.
Lots of things planned for this area.
But look how far I have come~
It was only last year that the yard looked like this!
And now...
It is a lot prettier. 
Most of the roses are everblooming Knock Out Roses,
although I have some old garden varieties as well.
I have planted a climbing rose, 

Cecille Brunner to ramble along this wall.
I also planted sweat peas for the first time.
I love this picture of Dillon watching me.

My gravel walkway that constantly needs weeding. 
Betty Prior roses, clipped boxwoods,
 and a stunning blue hydrangea line the walkway.
It is raining today...
so this is a spring picture of the sideporch
above the swing area, before my improvements.
I wanted you to see the relationship of the two.
Joining up with 
Donna at Funky Junk's SNS Patio Decor

No comments:

Post a Comment